View Single Post
Old 19-05-17, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
Hi Roger, this is probably a DNS IP address issue on your local machine.

it does help if you can clear the old ip addresses from your computer. Last night I had the forum on two computers at the same time. One showed 'server temporarily unavailable' and the other showed the forum working just fine.
I had a look at the server log and pages were loading just fine (well at least some people were getting pages)

To clear your computer you need to get the command line up. In the search box, bottom left (if you are on windows 10), type 'cmd'

A little black box that you can type in appears. copy and paste this just where the cursor id flashing:

ipconfig /flushdns

then press 'enter'

It does get the forum back for me instantly but I still get the odd recurrence now and again

If you don't want to do that I expect the issue will clear itself soon anyway.
Hello Mike

I'm on Windows 7 but tried the equivalent (or what I thought was the equivalent!!) but it didn't work. I've been unable to get on to the Forum since this morning.

However, I have read your latest post on this so hopefully it will be OK now.

It just goes to show how much we all need this Forum - what can we do otherwise? Watch daytime TV? Drive the wife round the bend asking if there are any jobs she needs doing? Keep taking the dogs for a walk?

Seriously though, may I just add my thanks to those already posted for a job well done.

Thank you
Roger