View Single Post
Old 14-06-12, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badjez View Post
Michael,

By chance whilst rummaging through old copies of Military Illustrated past & Present I came upon issue No42, published November 1991. It has an illustrated article about Scottish combination flashes 1943-45. Have you seen it? PM me with your email address if you would like a scanned copy.

Regards, Stephen.
Just returning to this topic now - PM sent, thanks very much. By coincidence I was looking through my back issues of MI today to respond to someone on another message board. I have a copy of MI from 1989 but do not have the issue in question. I've sent my email address.

I do have Brian Davis and have the information on flashes mentioned in the last couple of posts but was hoping to find some confirmation that individual battalions indeed wore those flashes. As good as Davis' book is, I'm loathe to trust it 100% without cross-referencing it to other sources. Thanks for the replies however.

Moreover, he doesn't mention the brigade strips or confirm/deny other possible battalion marks, which is what I'm really after.