View Single Post
Old 07-12-17, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearnaught View Post
Hi, your first tank badge is ww1, I have one with the same characteristics and is definitely ww1. The second (lower) is probably ME or S African, I have several hollow gun examples but that style resembles one in a post on the SRRU. Your bullion one is probably post ww2 made in Bielefeld as I don't think it was occupied after ww1. The metal badges I personally don't like. The shorter one appeared in w/m and brass, and I have seen them with a Firmin stamp. the original ones look brass finished but if you check the back they usually have traces of silver plate. The larger badge turned up in the 70's in every guise possible, but it may be from an original die, no one seems to know. It could be an earlier badge but I've not heard of any definitive explanation. Hope this helps and if anyone has info on the large badge I would love to hear it, best wishes Mike
Mike,
Firstly I'd like to apologies for my late reply, been very busy lately, secondly, I'd like to thank you for your reply, and its good to know the first one is WW1, I too thought it a dodgy one, as its in good condition. And the hollow gun one SA eh! Interesting. I've never really been happy with the metal badges, never seen a photo of them being worn.

Thank you again
C