View Single Post
Old 13-08-17, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlandas View Post
Hello All,

Looking for some input on a subject. As a former serving officer; I am capable of wearing either the ASHofC blazer and the CIC(Cadet Instructor Cadre) blazer. I however have only worn the Regiment blazer (Blue with crest) and never worn (or even purchased the Green Jacket). I have just recently purchased the CIC blazer crest and I am wondering if I can wear both (temporally) until I can purchase another jacket. The reason for my inquiry is I am attending a parade this coming week which it would be better suited for the CIC insignia, however it would not be inappropriate to wear the ASHofC. To complicate the matter I have lost my CIC lapel pin which I would normally wear with my ASHofC jacket.

Looking for guidance, is there a quote, unquote rule or is it grey and if grey your thoughts on the matter. The CIC is a pinned back and I place on the right half of my jacket. It seems over powering with both on.

Thank you in advance

Chris
I believe that the convention is one blazer crest and up to two lapel pins on the wearer's left.
I have seen RC Legion members with the Legion blazer badge on their left and a regimental/corps blazer crest on their right pocket, but it looks a bit "too much".

I'm thinking there should be velcro backed blazer crests - square backing so that they all require the same size matching velcro on the blazer. Then you can mix and match.

Just my thoughts.

Phil

Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur

Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.