View Single Post
Old 27-02-18, 12:49 PM

I certainly don't think that it is unfair to make any educated assumption as long as it is based upon solid facts and seeing them in good groups with a provenance from the original soldier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBBOND View Post
Hopefully theory that more vivid darker blue SAS badges, which includes the wings, is based on observation of enough known dated examples to allow such a statement to be made.

I wonder if such observations in the end take place subconsciously and it is hard for a long term collector to express such to the novice who has not spent 10 or 20 or more years looking at such items. Spending years looking at dated examples allows long term collectors to spot such subtle variations but without sharing endless images that they might not possess makes proving such statements difficult.

From my few years observing such badges, malayan period examples do often appear more vivid and darker than wartime exames. Luckily as so many more Images are on line, here and elsewhere it is possible to search for and compare enough examples to support such statements imo.