View Single Post
Old 29-06-15, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bess55 View Post
54bty,
Your 2 examples are identical to my own, however my blank slider version does not have the holland backing and is somewhat 'mirrored' on the rear aspect. Incidentally have you noticed that the two badges differ as in that they are clearly from a totally differant die (crown and stafford knot differant shapes) and the named (Firmin London) example is NOT seeded on the scroll. Any thoughts?

My un named example I am a little sceptical about, however the Firmin example, I am more than happy with.

I will try and post images of some of the badges I mentioned at the begining of this most interesting thread later today hopefully. Would appreciate commentry on them.

Regards all

Bess
I know this is an old thread but new information has come up.

Firstly ,the S.Staffs badge in the museum is unmarked. It was removed from the case and checked by a friend of who is very knowledgeable regards badges.
Secondly ,I have just got hold of a marked version of the S.Staffs badge. Again Firmin London and not showing any signs of a backing behind adhered to it.
But the backing on some Staffs badges was separate and shaped and cut to fit. Bess has a packet with said backing in which is a square piece of Holland Cloth.
Lastly ,there was for sale some time ago a S.Staffs anodised with a Gaunt Bham slider.However,the slider doesn't look right.This badge is also seeded.
Here is the link to the said item :-
http://www.smimilitaria.com/shop.php search for anodised then page 6