Thread: Stafford
View Single Post
Old 14-03-17, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike H View Post
The two pairs shown are just manufacturers or die variants . Do you mean the original Staffords collar that was replaced around 1970 ? The top pair shown in the image ?
There is a produced sheet that explains why the collar badge design was changed . I know of at least one forum member that has a copy.
Note,the backing to the cap badge came glued in place. Whereas the backings to the collars have been added on and are loose behind the badges.
Thanks for reply Mike, however I see a bit of confusion.

I am actually referring to the two different collar pairs in my scan. I doubt they are merely manufacturers variations as they were placed in the package to make up a representative set of insignia. One pair comes with synthetic 'Holland' backings, the other doesn't. And the pair with backings is of a smaller size than the other. All backings have been stuck to the backs of the badges. The larger collars (w/o backing) are stamped 'L. B & B'.

The cap badge has what appears as basket-weave canvas backing, and the shoulder titles have a black felt backing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Staffscollars.jpg (49.7 KB, 6 views)