View Single Post
Old 13-01-08, 08:50 PM

Default Royal Navy Commando, Beach Signals and other anomalies

In the Rarest Badge thread I posted 2 unrelated but very rare Special Forces badges. http://www.britishbadgeforum.com/for...read.php?t=300 These two badges seemed to cause such a stir that unfortunately the thread seemed hijacked with off topic postings concerning related topics to my 2 badges.

The 1st was the Beach Signals I said: Beach Signals can't get much rarer than this.True statement. Try buying one.
The 2nd I described as thus:The Beach Formation Patch isn't much easier to find. This is true. I was going to write a little blurb on this badge but before I got onto it, it was correctly ID'd by member '54BTY' as The 22nd Beach Brigade.

Firstly. I'm no expert but my speciality's as such are WWl - Present Irish Regiments and British Special Forces including Airborne & Commando forces. So I usually know what I'm talking about if I do post on one of these subjects.

Secondly I never once said these 2 badges where related least of all worn together. Nor did I ever say that they where BOTH involved in the Normandy Landings.

In response to a query I posted a little bit about the Royal Navy Commando The coverall unit in which the Beach Signals shoulder title was worn. The exact sub unit would take some fishing by me as I have a note of the original WWll owner / wearer.

The 22nd Beach Brigade, Combined Operations. Formed in the Summer of 1945 at Dalmally for training on the shores of Louch Fyne, Inverary,
Argyll-shire, for the intended Invasion of the Japanese Mainland, but the Force was stood down when the usa dropped the atom bombs on the Two Japanese Cities of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. We know of at least one unit under command of 22nd Beach Brigade because of a casualty. He was:Nugent, J, S/Sgt, 13119435, 101 Royal Pioneer Beach Assault Group, 22 Beach Brigade.

Hope that clears things up and any further discussion can be on this thread.
Mike

Last edited by tynesideirish; 13-01-08 at 08:56 PM.