View Single Post
Old 28-08-17, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubaiguy View Post
Hi Roy
I must admit I've got myself confused over the small officer's gilt badge with pin that you show in your album and identify as a pagri. I had made an assumption that it was used in the officer's side cap and/or bush hat - but I've really no idea and I suppose it does have what some would describe as a pagri pin. Adding to my confusion, I've also seen them for sale in pairs as officer's collars (on pins!) - indeed I bought an identical pair myself some time ago because they were going cheap.

Cheers
Mark
Hi Mark,

I thought I would throw up a couple of quick photos to better illustrate my comments.

As you can see the two top badge are headdress badges, one with the standard slider and the one with the pin you mentioned earlier, as you can see the latter is full size - both being around 47mm in hight.

Below are shown a selection of three collars; the first with lugs and the second with pin (which you mentioned) both of these are well below 30mm. Thrown in for fun, the third is a locally made example, at 32mm a little larger but still a collar (I have the pair).

Cheerio,

Roy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0001.jpg (37.1 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0002.jpg (23.8 KB, 31 views)

Despatch Rider Insignia & Photographs.

Author/Dealer in the Fairbairn Sykes Fighting Knife
My website: www.fsknife.com