View Single Post
Old 04-01-18, 08:36 PM

Default Free French Forces in England

I do not believe that this was posted before. It is a British made officers uniform from WW2. It has been made for use by a French Foreign Legion officer of the 13th Demi Brigade. As you can see it has nice mix of period Free French FFL insignia. the ribbon bar was in the pocket of the uniform when I received it. this uniform had come from a museum which closed here in the U.S. a number of years back.

The name of the wearer as can be seen on the tailors' pocket label is what I will assume is a "Nom de Guerre"??

What is also interesting is that the uniform tailor "Nicolls of Regent Street" is also the same individual who had made another F.F. uniform that I had posted several months back.. this being for a women engaged in medical work and associated with the Free French in England. I am re-posting her uniform again for reference

Does anyone know or have information regarding the tailor, and could they have had a contract with the Free French for uniform production during the war. Or is it a great coincidence?

thanks
Jack

Last edited by irish; 05-01-18 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Photo's