View Single Post
Old 18-04-17, 08:53 AM

Default ACF Bn numbers

So far as I'm aware there are no ACI relating to this subject, nor is it covered in Cadet Regs. However, I have found the following info which I had forgotten when I initially replied. I think it might provide the answer you are after.

Stephen.

23.11.43. Letter sent from War Office (HG3) to all County Cadet Committees giving approval for officers and cadets to wear additional distinguishing marks upon the upper part of both BD sleeves.
a) County or Regimental flashes.
This will be a patch of cloth of reasonable dimensions consisting of a combination of colours or bearing a heraldic device associated with the county or regiment. It will be worn ½” below the centre of the bottom edge of the ‘CADET FORCE’ shoulder title. Before flashes are provided two specimens will be forwarded to the WO (HG3) for approval.
b) Battalion numerals.
A numeral identical with the numerals worn by HG (CB 1801-93) will be worn to denote the Battalion number, or, where Battalions cannot be formed, their Company number. . It will be worn ½” below the centre of the bottom edge of the County or Regimental flash.
c) The slip-on shoulder title (embroidered) will remain an authorised item of issue, and will continue to be worn on the BD shoulder strap.
d) Arrangements had been made to replace the printed title ‘CADET FORCE’ with the title ‘ARMY CADET FORCE’.
e) No other titles are authorised.