View Single Post
Old 04-01-16, 01:59 PM

Hello David,
Well, we all collect whatsoever "we" collect, personally, I think that they are all nice things, okay, so common, yes indeed, but, still very nice things, as a boy at primary school in the 1970's, I was brought up on a mixed diet of airfix kits and boys own type comics, to me, the people who actually wore these badges were my complete and utter bloody heroes!
I am quite sure that I must have certainly stood out at school, simply because I was not interested in anything much else really.
Oh well, never mind, happy days indeed.
Kind regards again, Frank

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidwyke View Post
Hi Frank

Very nice! Thanks for showing them. Obviously my badge is not quite as "unusual" as I thought.

It was only when I read Peter's thread and went to check my RAF Officers cap badges, to see if any had the same Gaunt stamp (none do), that I remembered about the badge. It occurred to me then that I hadn't seen any similar but obviously I must not have been looking hard enough!

I'm not really a big RAF collector as such but I like the Officers cap badges and I can't resist a decent brevet/half brevet when I see one either.

Thanks again.

David