View Single Post
Old 15-06-15, 05:01 PM

Default RASC Plastic/Bakelite Badges (F&G)

Hiya guys n gals,

I think you guys had better start looking more closely at your RASC Plastic/Bakelite cap badges.

I picked up 4 x RASC (Plastic/Bakelite) cap badges at Woking on Sunday, amongst others, but I noticed that one of them was extremely different from the other 3.

I initially thought there were 3 x A. Stanley cap badges and the usual F&G type, but on closer inspection I noticed that the rear of one of the badges (A. Stanley's) had a different Makers Mark, ...... an upside down & rounded border (F&G) Fraser & Glass trade mark stamp.

I have attached the images of all 4 badges, but will be zeroing in on the F&G badges for your closer inspection.

It can be seen that there must have been 2 different dies used in the production of these F&G badges, and also a different "Trade Mark" stamp.

Both badges are different in size, (when held together)
The (Newer) smaller badge is (approx.) half the thickness of the (old) rounder cap badge.
Both badges are different in shape, 1 is a rounder star; as the new badge has a more pointed design to the rays of the star, similar to the A. Stanley design.
They have different designs on their faces, which also shows through to the designs to the rear.
Both crowns are different in design, one is thicker.
The GviR is also different on both badges, in their design.
The smaller badge has voiding to the crown and also more voiding inside the centre.
The larger badge has no voiding to the crown, and few voids to the centre of the badge.
They both have the same fixing method to the Blades to the rear of the badges, which is the F&G design.
Both badges have a different design of F&G "Trade Mark" or Stamp which is located to the rear of the crown, although the smaller badge has it upside down and to the left of the crown, which shows a lack of quality control.
Rounded badge has an "oval" design bordering the F&G stampWhereas the new badge has a "round" design bordering the F&G.

FBK
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P6140018.jpg (90.6 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg P6140016.jpg (58.0 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg P6140014.jpg (42.8 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg P6140013.jpg (64.6 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg P6140010.jpg (64.3 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg P6140011.jpg (74.3 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg RASC Plastic.jpg (46.5 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg P6140012.jpg (52.2 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg P6140008.jpg (79.4 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg P6140009.jpg (70.5 KB, 24 views)