View Single Post
Old 14-01-16, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick_mick View Post
Hi Mark,

Any updates on the next volume? This is the one I am most looking forward to.

Regards,

Mick
OK All,

Here's a couple of quick points on Vol 1 (Vol 2 will be discussed in a separate post).

Over the weekend, I reviewed our book offering on GumRoad and I shut down the ability to order the hard copy from there, since almost all hard copy sales are coming from Gun Shows/Dealers and from eBay. I think that's simply because people trust both of those channels more readily (and ID theft is much less likely because cash is used at one and PayPal can be used at the other).

So Gumroad (and to a lesser extent Paddle), will be left to provide only the eBook Edition of Vol 1 and the 30 page sample material of both Editions of course. So that should torture fewer people... who only want the hard copy version in any event.

Next, to publicly answer Mick's private query to me about existing eBook users getting the free 2nd edition update... GumRoad tells me how many people got the update notice and how many clicked on it to get the down load... BUT not which eBook purchaser did what. Sigh. Nevertheless, I can see about 2 thirds of buyers got the update... and about a remaining 1/3rd did not. As such, I'll need to make another mailing list on Gumroad and send the download link to those people who missed out for some (or any) reason. I don't want to simply use the same distribution list again... because 60percent of the eBook owners will be ticked off, if we send them the same update twice.

Therefore, Mick is obviously the first of the people to be placed on the next 2nd Edition download list... are there any more of you in the same boat?

Happy New Year

Mark