British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off topic (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   London bridge attack (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62336)

JerryBB 03-06-17 10:12 PM

London bridge attack

Very confused reports of ramming, stabbing attack and gunfire.

I hope it is not another terror attack

ianh67military 03-06-17 11:24 PM

The press are reporting at least 3 attacks. London Bridge, Vauxhall and Borough Market. On London Bridge a white van hit at least 5 people and 3 men armed with knives then jumped out and started stabbing. Police were there very quickly, and well practiced procedure was implemented including Facebook and RUN/HIDE/TELL. Witnesses tell of Police armed with Tasers and Asps (batons) running towards the incidents before Firearms officers were seen.
Bloody brave. My heart goes out to the families who will be receiving really bad news.
I used to work on Southwalk Street and I went to the market held in London Bridge Station. I recognise the area and it brings a tear to my eye.

Ian H

JerryBB 04-06-17 06:49 AM

6 dead and 20 injured is the news that greets me this morning.

Frank Kelley 04-06-17 03:24 PM

As the PM said this morning, enough is enough, I now wonder if these idiots will be taken off the streets, because, until they are, nothing much will change.

Peter Brydon 04-06-17 05:49 PM

The attack was terrible, the armed police dealt with the situation the way they had been trained to do with great courage and within 8 minutes, which no doubt reduced the number of casualties significantly.

All the Emergency Services deserve our thanks and support but of course with this being Britain in 2017, first of all, before there can be any honours given to those showing selfless courage, there has to be an inquiry by the IPCC about the actions of the armed Policemen.

P.B.

Frank Kelley 07-06-17 05:00 PM

So it continues, a possible copy cat attack in Hermon Hill Wanstead this morning, the victim, a nursery worker, was attacked by three women, described as Asian "chanting the Koran" and "shouting about Allah" one armed with a knife!:mad:

Jim Maclean 08-06-17 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Kelley (Post 408209)
So it continues, a possible copy cat attack in Hermon Hill Wanstead this morning, the victim, a nursery worker, was attacked by three women, described as Asian "chanting the Koran" and "shouting about Allah" one armed with a knife!:mad:

What is your point?

Hoot 09-06-17 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Maclean (Post 408448)
What is your point?

I would have thought Frank's point was obvious.

Frank Kelley 10-06-17 02:30 PM

Indeed, I hope the poor girl makes a swift and complete recovery and will not be so traumatised, that she is quite unable to return to, not only work, but a normal lifestyle, these events are truly sickening.