British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Corps, Branches and the Royal Canadian Artillery (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   WWI Canadian Tank Corp General Service Badge (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61184)

Collects Badges 12-04-17 12:01 AM

WWI Canadian Tank Corp General Service Badge

6 Attachment(s)
Hi Guys

Posted for comments is a WWI Canadian Tank Corp General Service Badge with matching collars.

Badge and collars are Unmarked, blackened copper with the white metal tank overlays. Plain ribbons and pebbled finish.

pictures to follow.

best regards

Al R

Roy 12-04-17 12:07 AM

I'm no expert but looks like a cracking set to me.

Thanks for sharing,

Cheerio,

Roy

Collects Badges 12-04-17 12:15 AM

thanks Roy

best regards

Al

redman 12-04-17 06:22 PM

Beautiful set. Are they for sale?
Kind regards
Dan
Thanks for sharing.

Bill A 12-04-17 07:00 PM

After combing through LAC documents for the last several years, it is interesting to note that there were badges authorized for 1st Tank Bn. But authorizations for anything else Tank ways is not recorded. It should also be noted that the Canadian Tank Corps was organized making it likely that the badges above were made for the cadre.

Collects Badges 13-04-17 01:52 AM

Hi Dan

thanks for the kind comments - I just picked these up yesterday so not for sale for now but will keep you in mind.

Hi Bill

thanks for the additional info on these rare badges regarding the limited issue of these.

best regards,

Al

Tanker Mike 19-04-17 02:52 PM

Very nice set, not seen very often.

Mike

Collects Badges 20-04-17 12:47 AM

Hi Mike

thanks for the kind comments.

I have only seen one cap badge for these before but never with matching collars.

best regards,

Al R

Tanker Mike 20-04-17 02:24 PM

Were you the fellow who showed these to me at the Calgary show? You bought some badges off me at my table.

Mike

Collects Badges 20-04-17 05:00 PM

Hi Mike

yes thats me

Al

11th Armoured 21-04-17 10:31 AM

Is there a story behind why the tank isn't level on these badges, but instead seems to be falling into a hole?

Kevin

CanadianBrad 01-09-17 01:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hello all!

Mail call just came in and I am pleased to share my Tank Corps cap badge. Apologies for the poor picture can post better ones later if you prefer.

But just wanted to share this one. Now that i know collar dogs exist I'll have to hunt those down as well!

Cheers

Brad

sarge5020 05-07-19 02:27 PM

Beautiful badges, thanks for sharing. I’m looking for these as well.

mmokeyev 28-06-20 06:46 PM

These are amazing! Where did you find them? I haven't seen these on any website even as "sold". Seeing them gives me hope!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Collects Badges (Post 401011)
Hi Guys

Posted for comments is a WWI Canadian Tank Corp General Service Badge with matching collars.

Badge and collars are Unmarked, blackened copper with the white metal tank overlays. Plain ribbons and pebbled finish.

pictures to follow.

best regards

Al R