British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Topics. (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   The Forum on Facebook (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67110)

Jelly Terror 22-03-18 11:24 PM

The Forum on Facebook

Does anybody use the parallel universe version of the forum on Facebook?

Not being a user of it myself (I'm not a Facebook kind of cat), and only having heard about it recently, I am wondering what users of both think of it.

JT

Bill A 23-03-18 12:06 AM

I am the moderator of the FB page. It is pretty quiet, with only the occasional post. FB pages are dis-similar to a Forum in that they are like a stream of consciousness thread. The most recent post is at the top, and older ones further down. So, if something interesting gets posted, it is soon buried under more recent ones. There is no categorization of posts, so you can have something about current cloth and next a shako plate.

Jelly Terror 23-03-18 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill A (Post 438829)
I am the moderator of the FB page. It is pretty quiet, with only the occasional post. FB pages are dis-similar to a Forum in that they are like a stream of consciousness thread. The most recent post is at the top, and older ones further down. So, if something interesting gets posted, it is soon buried under more recent ones. There is no categorization of posts, so you can have something about current cloth and next a shako plate.

Thanks Bill. As mentioned above, I only learnt of it recently. I had no idea it existed.

JT

Phil2M 23-03-18 12:17 AM

I am engaged, currently, in a disagreement concerning the authenticity of a RA officers badge (marked silver). The strike is poor quality. There does not seem to be quite as much experience on there to weigh in on a good debate. Its a two against two at present.

Some familiar faces do pop up on there.

Some of the posts are of lovely items from people's collections.

Jelly Terror 23-03-18 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil2M (Post 438832)
I am engaged, currently, in a disagreement concerning the authenticity of a RA officers badge (marked silver). The strike is poor quality. There does not seem to be quite as much experience on there to weigh in on a good debate. Its a two against two at present.

Some familiar faces do pop up on there.

Some of the posts are of lovely items from people's collections.

You? Embroiled in a punch-up, Phil? Flippin' 'eck! :eek::eek:

Phil2M 23-03-18 12:24 AM

No punch up :) Just a difference of opinion. 54Bty would be the man to settle it, or Manchesters if they were on there.

I don't have the way with words or a good enough memory to come out on top in these things.

Shame I can't post the FB user's images on here.

KLR 31-03-18 08:31 AM

I one got an email at work asking if i was on faceache or somthing similar.
I responded that I have no "social media" accounts but if you found my email address - what do you want ?

Needless to say, I never heard anything back.
Jelly - I'm not that kind of feline either !

sketchley kid 31-03-18 08:37 AM

What is the other Forum named?....I know of 'British Army Cap Badges'

sapper533 31-03-18 07:32 PM

Yep I came across it a few weeks ago, I haven't posted anything but do try to help answer queries when I can
Regards
Sean

slick_mick 31-03-18 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sketchley kid (Post 439687)
What is the other Forum named?....I know of 'British Army Cap Badges'

Here's the link to it:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/144422595583401/

Mick

RBJ MIlitaria 22-04-20 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill A (Post 438829)

Hi how do you join the Facebook group I have filled in the online questions

Peter Brydon 22-04-20 03:45 PM

Whilst not a fan is social media, I have been using my time in the present circumstances to start a “The Kings Liverpool Regiment “ group on Facebook.

It is a private group but anyone with even just a passing interest in the Regiment is welcome to join.

P.B.

Alex Rice 23-04-20 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil2M (Post 438834)
No punch up :) Just a difference of opinion. 54Bty would be the man to settle it, or Manchesters if they were on there.

I don't have the way with words or a good enough memory to come out on top in these things.

Shame I can't post the FB user's images on here.

Hi Phil
Why can't you post the FB image on here? Once it is online it should be public so no copyright? If you have windows on your pc there should be an app called snipping tool. You can use that to capture an image from any site, save it and then post here. If you are so inclined :)
I find it very useful.
Cheers,
Alex

Frank Kelley 23-04-20 06:53 AM

Everything belongs to someone and many online images are subject to copyright, although, I always feel that if I photograph an item and put it on here, that image is then shared and I never bother to watermark them, nor do I worry if they are reused elsewhere.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Rice (Post 507418)
Hi Phil
Why can't you post the FB image on here? Once it is online it should be public so no copyright? If you have windows on your pc there should be an app called snipping tool. You can use that to capture an image from any site, save it and then post here. If you are so inclined :)
I find it very useful.
Cheers,
Alex

magpie 23-04-20 08:44 AM

My wife tried to get a couple of pictures of my som printed at jessops and anther store a few years back, they both refused as they said once you've posted it to fb then they claim copyright to them and wrer not allowed to print them.