British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   New Zealand Badges (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   21ar Reinforcements - Opinions? (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63048)

Roy 15-07-17 04:18 PM

21ar Reinforcements - Opinions?

2 Attachment(s)
Hello Chaps,

For your interest, thoughts and opinions here is new to me a 21st Reinforcements cap badge. I confess I have no experience with this badge and although I believe it to be correct would appreciate any comments for that reason.

The badge appears to be a very nice used example with some old rubbing/polishing which has softened the details to the high points. That said I have always wanted an example of this badge, so this example will do until possibly a cleaner example comes along.

As mentioned, I have little to know knowledge/experience with either the unit or badge but it's one that I've always wanted, so any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

PS, that should be 21st in the title and not 21ar...typo..!

Cheers,

Roy

stevjp 15-07-17 06:24 PM

Hello Roy,
It looks fine, and a good worn example of a 21st Infantry Reinforcement Cap Badge.
It may have been re-lugged at some stage in the past... I note there is discoloration to back, and what appears to be the the old lug feet to the inner side of the lugs, which are of a shorter type than what you usually get to the back of these.
Title appears correct... are you referring to the RD or Registered Design initials below? Someone on the forum will I'm sure let you know who (designer/manufacturer) is associated with RD 894.

Need to find the collars now, which are equally stunning....;-)

A nice badge.
James.

Roy 15-07-17 06:39 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Hi James,

Thank you for that, very much appreciated.

I'm not sure if the perceived discoloration is down to my light/photos as it is not really noticeable to the naked eye. But just in case I have added some more photos of the back and also a closer look at the lugs for you.

Cheers,

Roy

badgecollector 16-07-17 12:17 AM

lovely badge Roy
you seem to be collecting badges now with an animal theme?
bc

Roy 16-07-17 12:23 AM

Hi BC,

Thanks for that mate. Yes it looks like it doesn't it. Not intentional at all, just picking up Colonial, Protectorate etc, that appeal to me. Always loved nature, so not surprising some of the designs reflect that.

Did I mention I'm from Shrewsbury? and can you guess who else is?

Cheerio,

Roy

badgecollector 16-07-17 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roy (Post 413004)
Hi BC,

Thanks for that mate. Yes it looks like it doesn't it. Not intentional at all, just picking up Colonial, Protectorate etc, that appeal to me. Always loved nature, so not surprising some of the designs reflect that.

Did I mention I'm from Shrewsbury? and can you guess who else is?

Cheerio,

Roy

hey Roy
I suppose Charles Darwin had an interest ;)
bc

Roy 16-07-17 01:38 PM

Well done BC,

Spot on...:)

Cheerio,

Roy