British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Foreign Badges and Insignia (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Wings Free French Forces & French wings. (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43069)

4TH SAS 27-11-14 01:20 PM

Wings Free French Forces & French wings.

4 Attachment(s)
Hello everyone,
I present the para Patent Free French Forces that my uncle got the 12/10/1944 at Ringway and French patent he later had here with the number 2251 (English drop number).
French friendships.
Claude

half12 27-11-14 01:46 PM

Hello Claude,

Thanks to share your family items ... Could please reveal your uncles names ?

Best regards (from France).. Herve

Mike Jackson 27-11-14 02:33 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 4TH SAS (Post 287349)
Hello everyone,
I present the para Patent Free French Forces that my uncle got the 12/10/1944 at Ringway and French patent he later had here with the number 2251 (English drop number).
French friendships.
Claude

Just in case you have not seen them, here are a couple of interesting images of French SAS. Mike
Attachment 116756Attachment 116757

leigh kitchen 27-11-14 03:40 PM

Somewhere I have a small book, a private publication about 40 or so years old I think, in French, on the SAS in France.
Must dig it out.

4TH SAS 27-11-14 04:53 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Hello,
for to answer to Herve, the names of my uncles was jean Troller et Albert Therizols, which were both the 4TH SAS (2éme RCP)
Here are two pictures of them.

4TH SAS 27-11-14 04:57 PM

Hello Mike,
thank you very much for these pictures, I never see these.
Fors the first you're sure that they are French? I says that because the titles shoulder aren't "3rd SAS or 4TH SAS".
The secon is very nice et Frenchies.
Thank You.
Claude

4TH SAS 27-11-14 04:59 PM

Hello Leigh Kitchen,
I long to know the title of this book.
Send a private message when you shall have found.
thank you
Claude

half12 27-11-14 07:29 PM

Hello Claude,

Thanks for the information ...

Je pensais bien avoir vu passer votre lot sur un forum français...:)

Cordialement .. Herve

leigh kitchen 02-12-14 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4TH SAS (Post 287391)
Hello Leigh Kitchen,
I long to know the title of this book.
Send a private message when you shall have found.
thank you
Claude

Found the book, details sent.

Mike Jackson 02-12-14 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4TH SAS (Post 287390)
Hello Mike,
thank you very much for these pictures, I never see these.
Fors the first you're sure that they are French? I says that because the titles shoulder aren't "3rd SAS or 4TH SAS".
The secon is very nice et Frenchies.
Thank You.
Claude

The first image came from a French publication I believe - the two men are riding on/in a German motorcycle combination and the spelling of his shoulder title is in the French language . Also his hat (bonnet de police?) is not in the British style and he is certainly smoking a "pour les troupes" cigarette! So on balance - the only thing British about him is the Dennison smock. Mike

4TH SAS 02-12-14 06:56 PM

Hello Mike,
What you say is true for the cover (in French: bonnet de police or calot) so weird to see a leather harness on denison but good.
Friendly
Claude

rhodesianmilitaria 02-12-14 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Jackson (Post 288109)
The first image came from a French publication I believe - the two men are riding on/in a German motorcycle combination and the spelling of his shoulder title is in the French language . Also his hat (bonnet de police?) is not in the British style and he is certainly smoking a "pour les troupes" cigarette! So on balance - the only thing British about him is the Dennison smock. Mike

How rare are the shoulder titles in French?

4TH SAS 06-12-14 02:19 PM

Sorry rhodesianmilitaria,
You ask whether these badges are rare?
Claude

rhodesianmilitaria 06-12-14 02:42 PM

Yes the 'Parachutiste SAS' title.

4TH SAS 07-12-14 04:21 PM

hello rhodesianmilitaria,
I would say the para patent Free France is not easy to find but it is not found either. There are many copies in a few years will unfortunately be sold for good.
Sincerely
Claude