British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cavalry, Yeomanry, Tank/RAC Badges (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Royal Lancers (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67023)

rboorman 17-03-18 05:53 PM

Royal Lancers

1 Attachment(s)
New issue subdued Motto for wear in berets on exercise / active service. Shown with officer backing [bullion] but the Motto is the same for ORs.

grenadierguardsman 17-03-18 09:11 PM

Thats a nice looking badge.
Andy

slick_mick 17-03-18 09:47 PM

Very nice.

Its high up on my wants list. :)

Mick

Frank Kelley 18-03-18 02:06 PM

In a single word, disappointing, one wonders what Haig may have thought.:eek:

Quote:

Originally Posted by rboorman (Post 438304)
New issue subdued Motto for wear in berets on exercise / active service. Shown with officer backing [bullion] but the Motto is the same for ORs.

oc14 18-03-18 07:25 PM

It may disappoint you but soldiers within the regiment like the badge. As one who wears this badge, I'll carry on proudly wearing it, feel free to carry on being disappointed
PL

oc14 18-03-18 08:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The Motto is supplied separately to the crossed lances , the wearer simply removes the chrome motto and replaces it with the bronze one when on exercise or operations. One of the mottoes pictured belie

oc14 18-03-18 08:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And this is the rather handsome regimental working belt with bronzed locket style buckle ( not to be confused with the brightly coloured stable belt)

Lancer 17 19-03-18 01:45 AM

G'day Oc

Very nice, thanks for sharing.

Regards

Phil.

hagwalther 19-03-18 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oc14 (Post 438413)
The Motto is supplied separately to the crossed lances , the wearer simply removes the chrome motto and replaces it with the bronze one when on exercise or operations. One of the mottoes pictured belie

Hi PL,

Does the subdued Motto come in individual packaging? NSN, Pattern No. perhaps?

Regards,

Chris

mac mcconnell 19-03-18 08:57 AM

RL

Having been to quiet a few RL run events I know there most proud of there Regimental identity Motto or Badge.............oct14 proves that point well done. I think it looks very smart as does all the RL uniform and the people that wear it

Best Mac

Lancer 17 19-03-18 11:02 AM

Hey Mac,

I will second that, its admired down under as well !!

Cheers

Phil.

oc14 19-03-18 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hagwalther (Post 438434)
Hi PL,

Does the subdued Motto come in individual packaging? NSN, Pattern No. perhaps?

Regards,

Chris

Hi Chris
they are supplied in a small clear re-sealable bag - no NSN or other label. I think that they are unofficial and privately sourced by the regiment . They are not an issue item and are only available from the PRI (who have run out of them at present). I was fortunate to acquire the last one that they had in stock

PL

hagwalther 19-03-18 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oc14 (Post 438474)
Hi Chris
they are supplied in a small clear re-sealable bag - no NSN or other label. I think that they are unofficial and privately sourced by the regiment . They are not an issue item and are only available from the PRI (who have run out of them at present). I was fortunate to acquire the last one that they had in stock

PL

Thanks PL!

Regards,

Chris

slick_mick 20-03-18 09:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This looks like a subdued motto being worn.

Picture from the Royal Lancers Facebook page.

Mick

oc14 21-03-18 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slick_mick (Post 438594)
This looks like a subdued motto being worn.

Picture from the Royal Lancers Facebook page.

Mick

The guy pictured is Major Steve Price the Squadron Leader of D Squadron of Nottinghamshire Army Cadet Force and the photograph was taken at Beckingham in Lincolnshire last weekend - and yes he is wearing a subdued motto.

PL