British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Topics (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Imperial Camel Corps badge (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20881)

Petrick 14-11-11 01:59 PM

Imperial Camel Corps badge

2 Attachment(s)
Hi all,

Who can help me to get some information about this badge. I know it's a Australian Camel Corps badge. But whas its used during the second world war as well ?? Is it a difficult badge or are they easy to find ?? It has three lugs on the back. Thanks.

pukman 14-11-11 10:26 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I hope you find out a little bit more about the Australian ICC badge than i did.This rather rough sandcast version has been in the same family for over 50 years.From what little information i recieved about it ,is that they are heavily copied and that collectors will rely on provenance to authenticate them.Surely their must have been someone who has done some research on sorting out the genuine from the copies.Good luck in finding out

cheers iain

badgecollector 15-11-11 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petrick (Post 141975)
Hi all,

Who can help me to get some information about this badge. I know it's a Australian Camel Corps badge. But whas its used during the second world war as well ?? Is it a difficult badge or are they easy to find ?? It has three lugs on the back. Thanks.

hi petrick
this is a modern copy comming out of england or that dealer in wales.
its the wrong size, and they never had 3 lugs.
the camel corps badges were ww1 and unofficial being sand cast in egypt. there are some die struck versions also, probably made in england but maybe a die was cut in egypt?
they were never used in ww2.
bc

Petrick 27-11-11 04:59 PM

Hi BC, thanks for the comments on this badge. It costed me only 12 pounds so that not the matter.

ukbrits 05-04-18 10:30 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Hi Gents,
Opinions wanted on this one please. After reading lots of threads on this badge I fear this one is likely to end up in the restrike box lol.
Does look a bit repro to me but would like a second opinion from Forum members.
Many thanks in advance.
Colin

Jackhr 05-04-18 11:27 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is my badge for you to compare with and you can see if there are differences and make up your own mind and remember these are very hard to come by .

Regards Rob

slick_mick 06-04-18 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petrick (Post 143964)
Hi BC, thanks for the comments on this badge. It costed me only 12 pounds so that not the matter.

Real ones these days sell for between AUD $800-1000 or more.

Mick

kingsley 06-04-18 05:13 AM

Colin's badge is a copy (wrong scrolls), Rob's is OK.
There were four genuine varieties, made in WW1 only:
sand cast hat and collar
diestruck with crown
diestruck without crown (Rob's). I have found this typethe scarcest.