British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Reproductions, Restrikes, Fakes, Forgeries, and Copies (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   RFC - Royal Flying Corps (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16624)

Bren39 16-05-11 05:59 PM

RFC - Royal Flying Corps

2 Attachment(s)
Could anyone let me know if this a genuine badge ( fathers day present if it is ).

Regards Ben

Macrae 16-05-11 08:12 PM

Bren could this be the very same ?

Dan

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/0282p-Royal-Fl...d=232799582062

Bren39 16-05-11 09:14 PM

Hi Dan,

Thanks for you reply.
Is that the right link you posted as it leads to RFC collars.
This badge measures approx 4.4cm tall so don't think it's a collar.

Regards Ben

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macrae (Post 113379)
Bren could this be the very same ?

Dan

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/0282p-Royal-Fl...d=232799582062

dragon166 17-05-11 02:49 AM

RFC badge

The wear on the badge appears to be natural and I would say this is a genuine period badge. The quoted ebay offering is of poor quality and an obbvious fake.

Bren39 17-05-11 11:30 AM

Hi dragon,

Thanks for your opinion. I'd just like to say although the seller of the RFC collars on ebay listed them in the original period items category it does state in capitals "EXCELLENT REPRODUCTION WWI Collar Emblems".

Regards Ben

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragon166 (Post 113407)
The wear on the badge appears to be natural and I would say this is a genuine period badge. The quoted ebay offering is of poor quality and an obbvious fake.

2747andy 17-05-11 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bren39 (Post 113344)
Could anyone let me know if this a genuine badge ( fathers day present if it is ).

Regards Ben

Ben,
yes it looks good to me!

Happy Fathers Day!

Andy

Bren39 17-05-11 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2747andy (Post 113448)
Ben,
yes it looks good to me!

Happy Fathers Day!

Andy

Thanks Andy,

My dad showed interest in a lot of the badges I had but his eyes glazed over with 3 in particular , this one , R.W.A.F.F and King's Africa Rifles. Seeing as all 3 are good un's it looks like I've got fathers day , his birthday and xmas sorted for him this year.

Regards Ben

2747andy 17-05-11 12:27 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bren39 (Post 113451)
Thanks Andy,

My dad showed interest in a lot of the badges I had but his eyes glazed over with 3 in particular , this one , R.W.A.F.F and King's Africa Rifles. Seeing as all 3 are good un's it looks like I've got fathers day , his birthday and xmas sorted for him this year.

Regards Ben

Ben,
you cheapskate!! LOL

With your slice of the recent sales you could spoil him with all three in one go!

Here's a nice example that came back from Tamworth this morning, another work of art courtesy of Dave! (thanks Dave, I know you're watching! :D)

Andy

Bren39 17-05-11 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2747andy (Post 113453)
Ben,
you cheapskate!! LOL

With your slice of the recent sales you could spoil him with all three in one go!

Here's a nice example that came back from Tamworth this morning, another work of art courtesy of Dave! (thanks Dave, I know you're watching! :D)

Andy

Hi Andy,

funny you should call me a cheapskate as I was just accusing another member the same but I think the post was removed as I called him a "tight git".

I have read and seen nothing but glowing reports abouts Dave's work , he certainly earned his forum status of Master Badge Artisan, it's just a shame he has an opinion lol! (Dave, I know you're watching! :D)

2747andy 17-05-11 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bren39 (Post 113455)
Hi Andy,

funny you should call me a cheapskate as I was just accusing another member the same but I think the post was removed as I called him a "tight git".

I have read and seen nothing but glowing reports abouts Dave's work , he certainly earned his forum status of Master Badge Artisan, it's just a shame he has an opinion lol! (Dave, I know you're watching! :D)

Ben,
we all have opinions, Dave often shoots from the heart and you will never meet a nicer bloke (his wife is a diamond too!)... Like me when he sets his mind to something or gets his teeth into a debate, it's hard to let go! A man of strong principles from whom some could learn some valuable lessons.

A bit of fun is always acceptable and KB, as a Chelsea fan I'm sure has been called worse! You don't get anything for second place Keith, better luck next season! I just hope the ladies team do better!

All the best to everyone!

Andy

Bren39 17-05-11 01:07 PM

I've got no problem with Dave , out of everyone I argued with he was the only one I felt that we could draw a line under things and move on. As for Robert Underdunk Terwilliger you've just explained a lot to me by saying he's a Chelsea fan , no more explanations needed.

Regards Ben