British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Indian Badges (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Gurkha frame display (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65475)

gurkharifles 27-11-17 03:37 PM

Gurkha frame display

2 Attachment(s)
Despite my extensive collection of Gurkha insignia - I don't actually have any framed. It was my intention to put together 10 frames - one for each British Gurkha Regiment (post 1947) however there's always going to be a badge I haven't got, or a badge I've never seen before - so I'm reluctant to commit them to a frame - incase its "incomplete" - However I came up with one idea for a display - a representative display of all ten regiments post independence.
Boss badge, cap badge, title and button - I also wanted to show which regiments went to the Indian army and which the British ( hopefully you approve of my solution ) - It's still incomplete frustratingly I just need two buttons 4th and 5th (Indian) - if anyone has any spares they're willing to trade on please let me know - Cheers Tim

Wmr-RHB 27-11-17 06:46 PM

Nice set. Thanks for showing.

Gurkha 28-11-17 10:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
HI Tim,
like the way you have used the national flags.

Mine are framed and I understand the problam. I leave space but it gets filled so I have to start again. I keep mine framed as they are displayed at fund raising events for the GWT and I dont want sticky fingers over them.

Here are my post 47 regiments. Ive limited it to cap, boss, belt buckle, officers crossbelt badge and pipers plaid brooch (when i find them) Why some units have two differing coloured bosses I dont know, but thats how they came from an old contact.

just need the missing crossbelt plate now!!

Regards
Steve M

peter monahan 28-11-17 01:09 PM

Thank you both for sharing. Very impressive. I too think the small national flags a clever notion!

Peter

Piffer 04-12-17 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gurkha (Post 428763)
HI Tim,
like the way you have used the national flags.

Mine are framed and I understand the problam. I leave space but it gets filled so I have to start again. I keep mine framed as they are displayed at fund raising events for the GWT and I dont want sticky fingers over them.

Here are my post 47 regiments. Ive limited it to cap, boss, belt buckle, officers crossbelt badge and pipers plaid brooch (when i find them) Why some units have two differing coloured bosses I dont know, but thats how they came from an old contact.

just need the missing crossbelt plate now!!

Regards
Steve M

A great collection thanks for sharing, even though post 1947, the shoulder belt plates are not easily available, and the two pipers badges are rarities.

Piffer 04-12-17 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gurkharifles (Post 428690)
Despite my extensive collection of Gurkha insignia - I don't actually have any framed. It was my intention to put together 10 frames - one for each British Gurkha Regiment (post 1947) however there's always going to be a badge I haven't got, or a badge I've never seen before - so I'm reluctant to commit them to a frame - incase its "incomplete" - However I came up with one idea for a display - a representative display of all ten regiments post independence.
Boss badge, cap badge, title and button - I also wanted to show which regiments went to the Indian army and which the British ( hopefully you approve of my solution ) - It's still incomplete frustratingly I just need two buttons 4th and 5th (Indian) - if anyone has any spares they're willing to trade on please let me know - Cheers Tim

Thanks for sharing, flags are a nice idea.